Monday, February 17, 2014

Super-Quick Review: Amazon.Com Does It Again. HP Envy 17 Inch Received One Day Early.

Boo-Yoww!


Now, I've heard a few legitimate horror-stories about Amazon.com (a few), and I've had my OWN bad experience with Amazon once after several good orders I placed with them. But, overall, Amazon is still a great source for online shopping. Ninety percent of the time, they'll do you right.

And, the other 10% of the time.... well, I really can't  complain, because my "bad experience" wasn't much to rant or rave about.

In fact, I inflicted this heinous crime on my Self for not paying attention to what I was doing, so I can't point the finger at anybody. Hell, even I admit that what I did was dumb.

Somehow, I overpaid on Amazon shipping.... Somehow, I paid double for shipping the products I wanted.

I know what you're thinking: "How in the hell did I do that???" 

Instead of putting all of the orders on one ticket (skin care products, dog food, electronic accessories), I put them on separate tickets. I was mad that Amazon didn't catch this and help me out, but I didn't realize what had happened until after I saw my bank account.

I said, "Damn!"

And, to be totally honest... I did this twice. lol...

Well, I was a "rookie".

It could've happened to almost anyone - especially a newbie. But, other than that confusing moment, all of my Amazon experiences have been superb. So, I STILL support and recommend Amazon.com for buying anything online - especially over Best Buy.

Anyway... Let's talk about my new PC.

I ordered my HP Envy the other day and was expecting to see it Tuesday after I got off of work at 11:00PM, but I got a shock when I got home.

I know you know what happened, but let me tell you the story anyway.

All day - without me even initiating the conversation - people were telling about the new computers they'd bought for themselves or their children with their tax refund money. Four-hundred bucks here; Six-hundred bucks there. Some of them found deals in pawn shops. Blah, blah, blah... 

One of my co-workers even mentioned to me that he recently BUILT a high-powered computer from scratch.

I was like: "What in the hell is going on??? WHY is everybody so interested in talking about computers today?"

I knew the Devil was messin' with me, because deep down, I was kind of worried about that computer - and the "demons" (the problems) that were to come.



I was already anxious to take that HP Envy for a test-drive, but after a while, I was getting obsessed with the thought of just seeing what I really bought.

I was like: "damn... Why didn't I spend the few extra bucks and have the thing shipped on Monday?" 

In hindsight, I know that it made more sense to have it shipped to me on Monday - especially since I was getting off at 1PM on Monday and 11PM on Tuesday - but, during the shopping and ordering process, I was trying to control my eagerness. I didn't want to overlook anything on the specifications, and I didn't want to get TOO excited about the Envy, and then feel the emotional pain of disappointment and regret later (because of Windows 8 and the touchscreen).

I've read so many negative reviews about Windows 8 that I was afraid I'd be stuck with yet ANOTHER crappy computer.

So, although I was thrilled about getting the Envy, I had mixed feelings about my overall decision.

But, again, I received a Blessin'.

Right now, I'm happy as hell...

I KNOW The Cyber-Gods have my back (because I was mostly worried about my new computer sitting alone out there in the open, on the porch, in the cold, and in the dark for six hours, until I got home), but lo and behold, just as I was about to turn my bike onto the driveway, I noticed that big brown Amazon box standing there on the porch behind the black handrails like a little two-year-old kid smiling at me.

I kept my cool like I didn't even see it. But, I can't lie. I was giddy as hell. I couldn't help but smile as I parked my ride.

I said, "Oooh hell... Now, I get the chance to test that bad-boy out."

Those people at Amazon.com always surprise me. I never expect to get my shipments earlier than the delivery date. But, sometimes it happens. 

But, the main thing is: Whenever I order something, it's always on time, and everything is all right.

I don't get any half-opened packages, damaged packages, products I didn't order, or products that don't work. Everything is always cool.




So, when I place an order, I'm confident that everything is gonna be All Good... (90/10 Rule)... That's how I feel about Amazon.





I still haven't used the computer yet, but I created an un-boxing video with my Kodak Playsport. 

Unfortunately, I loaded the video onto this Toshiba Satellite. So, it may take a while to render a high-quality video.

And, what's even worse than that is: I haven't got started yet, so it might be a while before I publish anything.

Or, maybe...

I could use the HP, and then, load the video onto THAT computer to test it's capabilities - AND to render the final video......

(mmmmm... that sounds like a good plan....)

Anyway...

I know a lot of people are apprehensive about ordering stuff online, but that's because they think they'll get cheated out of their money, or they're not sure about how quickly they'll get satisfaction if they have a problem.

Yeah, it's easier and faster to go back to the store and cuss someone out if you have a problem. And, you'll be able to get a refund quicker if you're not happy with your purchase. But, if you see a good deal online for a high quality product promoted by a major company like Amazon, why not save yourself some cash and get the bargain? Hell, I know people at work who are Amazon.com Addicts. And, some who complain that their wives are Amazon.com Addicts. They love it. And, you KNOW that most women know the best places to shop.... And, a lot of them shop online at Amazon.

Hell, some people love Amazon.com more than they love The Home Shopping Networks!

I'm saying this and I'm not even an affiliate. I don't get any kickbacks or compensation from Amazon. I'm a regular shopper too.

I'm telling you this because it's the first time I've ever spent a thousand dollars in one whop on anything... And, I don't feel I've made a bad decision for doing it. Go Amazon.

- PC Power Junkie

----------------------------------------------------

For the record: although I've had a few bad experiences with Best Buy, I know they can't be all bad and that they have their fans as well. What you really have to do is shop, learn, and compare online stores regularly to see what you've got to work with out there. I'll probably go back to Best Buy in the future, but I've had too many bad experiences to feel comfortable about going back to them right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment